Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Autumn Wreath

In less than 36 hours, I will be on the road to Columbus, OH with two of my favorite people and 1 new friend.  The weekend will be full of Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Ray LaMontagne and shopping!  Specifically, shopping at the Country Living Fair.  What more can a girl ask for? 


I'll be sure to document the entire experience and share all the great ideas we find this weekend.  And to Drew, Jason and Jeremy - your buddy, Justin, is available all weekend should you need any help with the kiddos.
_____________________________________

Last week, while we planned the final details of our Columbus trip, Lindsay and I cracked open a beer and chatted over a some moss and ribbon.

We created two different wreaths and I wanted to share the new looks with you.  

I've been eyeing this wreath in the pages of the Fall Williams-Sonoma catalog.

Pumpkin Patch Wreath
(via)

Isn't she perfect? Those WS designers are genius.

Not only is she purty - she seemed pretty easy to replicate.  Since I'm not looking to spend a hundred big ones on her I would have to DIY.  But she would look perfect on my front door this Fall. 

While that wreath was my initial inspiration, it turns out that I had to improvise when I discovered Michael's didn't have mini pumpkins (sad story).

Instead, I made this.


No mini pumpkins, but I did find a bag of vase filler that looked like little tiny pumpkins.
 
 
It didn't turn out quite how I imagined.  


But, really, how often does life go as planned?


In the end, I  like the festive color and it gives my front door the Fall look I was going for...for only $12.  That's a pretty big difference from the $99 price tag on the Williams-Sonoma wreath. 
 
 
Since I only spent $12, I won't feel so bad when I try again.  Yup, I'm still on a search for the perfect mini punkin'.
 
You can see Lindsay's wreath below (on the right).  It turned out so cute! 
 

Linsday used a grapevine wreath, moss, burlap ribbon, faux wax flowers and a wooden letter to create her look.  She got her inspiration here
 
 
I like that Lindsay's wreath can be used year round.  And I'm pretty fond of the monogram too... 
 
While Lindsay was putting her 3 energetic boys to bed so we could finish our projects, it dawned on us that 25 years ago our Mothers were doing the same.  I have many great memories of my mom working on wreaths late at night - and she would even have her own craft nights with Mrs. C (Lindsay's mom).  Our mom's were "Pinteresting" way before Pinterest ;)
 
Thanks to both our moms for passing the hot glue guns down to us!
 
Mary    
 
Linking up to:
Liz Marie Blog
A Delightsome Life
Glued To My Crafts
Mother's Niche
Reason's to Skip The Housework
Made in a Day

3 comments :

  1. How cute! I think your wreath looks so pretty, I love all the tiny little "pumpkins"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wreath is so lovely! I love the simplicity of it, but it definitely is the focal point of the door. I love it! Pinning- and making:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on both wreaths! I've been eying those tiny pumpkins in Micheals thinking of what I could do with them and I think you got it! Thanks for linking up on Made in a Day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...