Wednesday, July 1, 2015

An Office Nook and A Family Room

I realized that I haven't updated you all on our bonus room since... February. We haven't yet finished the room, but it's coming together a bit more. We wrapped the beams in cedar boards.

I haven't stained them yet...
 

 
The current plan is to stain them in a grayish brown stain to coordinate with the wood furniture. Or not. I don't know. Which is why they're still naked.
 
 
Remember that accent wall we added to hide that chimney? Well, we finally added a closet door and hooked up the air return. 
 
 
Then we added a privacy hedge outside just beyond those windows (more about this later). 
 

 
And wemovedtheoffice.
 
 
 


Yes, we did just finish renovating a spare room into an office space.


Then two weeks ago I walked into Potterybarn. And this console table was 65% off just because it was a floor model.  I couldn't leave the store with out it. So I loaded it up and drove it home because I knew I could use it as a media center OR as a desk! I just needed it.


Yes, yes, I know. The paint wasn't even dry on our new office. Fact of the matter is that I actually hated being surrounded by 4 tight walls all day, and I found that I never used the brand new office space and I was still working at the kitchen bar. 

It worked out to be for the best because I'm really good at finding reasons to buy new furniture our current "guest bedroom" was not inviting at all. So, we removed the old desk in the office and plopped in our spare bed. It's a perfect fit - which will come in really handy when we have guests visit in a couple of weeks.


Back to the new little corner of my mine. This is my spot, friends. I'm here all the time now and it's good for me to be further from the kitchen. For reals. It was becoming a problem.


Distractions? I'm not a TV watcher and there's no kiddos running around (besides the dogs), so I have no distractions here and I'm not cramped by a tight space. If the dogs are being unruly I can close those French doors and have my privacy. And if I'm working late I can still spend time with the hubs while he lounges on the couch.
 
 
 
So that's one more update on repurposing a space to fit best with "us." We've been hard at work in the backyard this summer, and we have lots to talk about! Outdoor updates coming soon :)
 
One more thing... because I love looking back at where we started!
 
 
And after a whole lot of sweat. (and tears).
 
 
 
Source List:
- Ceiling Fan: Home Depot
- Curtains and Curtain Rod:  Ikea
- Bamboo Shades: JCPenney
- Desk: Potterybarn
- Wooden Lamp: Macy's (similar styles found at Homegoods)
- Desk Chair: World Market (I purchased a single chair at a local store)
- Seagrass Wingback Chairs: Potterybarn
- 'Love You More' Blanket - DecorSteals
- Garden Stool: Homegoods
- Sectional Couch: Crate & Barrel
- Pillows: Ikea, World Market, Homegoods, Crate & Barrel
- Moroccan Rug: Rugs USA
- Coffee Table: DIY project
- Rustic Planter: Hobby Lobby
- Moss Balls: Hobby Lobby
- Veneer Sphere: DIY project
- Wooden Candle Holder: Williams Sonoma (similar)

1 comment :

  1. I am now blog stalking you because I love your style! The room looks amazing and pulled together. I think staining the beams grey would be great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...